Hi – i’m Sandi
Blogging Biz 101 is my latest website, where I’m sharing my methods and trying to help bloggers to get started, to improve and to take their blogs to the next level.
MY BACK STORY
A few years back I had a lot of websites (58 at last count).
From 2011 through 2014 I documented my own process to create websites. I had grand plans to release it as a product to sell on Warrior Forum or to give away to get newsletter subscribers – the money is in the list after all.
HERE’S SOME OF THE THINGS THAT I FEEL PREVENTED ME FROM MAKING MY BLOGGING A SUCCESS:
- I got too caught up in all the “amazing” auto-blogging, push-button, software and tools that were produced. It was still early days in the blogging phenomenon and the Warrior Forum was exploding with new developer’s products. These products were trying to make sales for the developers, and not well supported and had no longevity. They were clunky and difficult to use.
- There was always another email from another guru promising something better.
- I was undiagnosed at the time and afflicted by my ADHD! I had no attention span for blogging, no plan, no experience, no mentor and no time.
- I started losing money on my Investment Property when my long term tenant moved out. I decided to sell, but it took 6 months and during that time, finances became terribly tight. I was going backwards and further and further into debt. I had to surrender every subscription I had to paid software. I couldn’t afford to renew my hosting and my domains. I could barely afford to put food on the table.
ON A PERSONAL FRONT:
- Mum had gone down-hill with the Dementia that had afflicted her since 2010 and lost her fight in October 2014 (RIP Mum, I think of you every day and miss you so much)
- My littlest boy was really testing us all with his behavior – I had to dedicate much more time to him, to researching his condition and parenting behaviors. We found out just this year (2016), that he has significant learning disorders, Dyslexia and ADHD. Now we are really getting on top of it and giving him the support he needs.
- I lived in an emotionally abusive relationship which sucked the energy out of me. I retreated into various outlets to deal with my depression, including alcohol, but not drugs. This sucked the life out of me.
- My health is surreal. I have osteo-arthritis (in my big toe), blood clotting in my legs, dickie-knees & hips, pancreatitis, sporadic liver issues, visual snow, Cervical Spine Spondilotic Stenosis, Thoracic Spine issues leading to plenty of pain, blah, blah, blah. I could go on, but there are millions more people in this world suffering a hell of a lot more than me.
Suffice to say, it all just got a little too hard for me to concentrate on blogging.
So you’ve heard why I haven’t been a success…
WHY SHOULD ANYONE LISTEN TO ME ABOUT HOW TO BLOG?
I’m enthusiastic again. I feel like life isn’t beating me anymore. Everything is on track for my son on his ADHD journey, and I’ve dealt with most of my health issues and have some things progressing towards rehabilitation from many of my woes.
I have a back history of WHAT NOT TO DO.
I’m hoping you can learn from me, and I will do everything I can to help you not to fall into the traps that are out there.